Konqueror delete unification

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 15 16:21:47 BST 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 20:50, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> heck, i just recently made them less easily accessable by switching the
> default button on the dialog to Cancel. =)

Yeah, and I really don't see which sense this makes.
We're really going into the direction of MSWindows: we level everything to
the dumbest user.

It used to be simple and fast to delete a file: shift+del, Enter.
Or if I changed my mind when the popup asks for confirmation, Escape instead
of Enter, no mouse necessary.

Now the confirmation dialog is unusable with the keyboard. Enter cancels it.
Escape cancels it. Only using the arrow keys and then pressing Space or Enter
allows someone to delete the file, which is really not convenient.

This is already a confirmation dialog! It doesn't take one mistake to delete
a file that shouldn't be deleted, it takes _two_ mistakes (choosing Delete
and then choosing OK)!

I strongly beg that this change be reverted.....