"Open http://...../trucmuche" and content-type

Shift shift at free.fr
Mon Jul 14 21:47:41 BST 2003

Hi everybody,

I have a wish for Konqueror and I think that I can look at it personnaly if it
is not so difficult.

When I clic on a link on konqueror and if konqueror don't know how to handle
it because of an unknow mime-type, it show a popup window saying "Open
http://.../trucmuche ?" with "Save as", "Open" and "Open with".
When I clic on "Open" I get the classic application chooser (also visible when
doing "open with" in the file manger".

the problem is that sometimes the name of the file doesn't reflect the
content-type of the file. (ex : http://somewhere.com/myimages/holiday2002 can
be the url of a jpeg or of a tiif. Who know ?). So is it possible to show (or
to easily access) the content-type of the file ? Perhaps by adding a line in
the "Open..." window ?

What do you think about that ?
I will create a whish at bugs.kde.org after your answers :)

Franck