Opera, Safari and KHTML

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 17:39:24 GMT 2003

I was a little surprised about their opinion of their product myself. I'm constantly struggling to
get even simple DOM manipulation and CSS to work in Opera. It is by far the most troublesome
browser in this regards.

However, they may have been referring to their Opera 7 browser in this article. I've looked at
Opera 7 and must say their rendering engine is far and above what it was for the 6.x series.
They've closed the gap a lot. I don't think they've pulled ahead, but perhaps it can be said
they're on par. I have to wait until their Linux port is finished to really test it out however.

David