Severe usability problem in rc6 (input-focus follows mouse) - I want to help

Jesper Juhl jju at dif.dk
Sun Jan 19 03:25:36 GMT 2003

Hi everyone,

I recently reported a bug (#52770) concerning an issue that I find to be a
severe usability problem with Konqueror from rc6.

The problem is that input fields loose input focus when the mouse moves over
another input field, button or link. This "input-focus follows mouse"
behaviour inside konqueror can be extremely frustrating and is also a change
in behaviour from any previous Konqueror version (I know I'm not the only one
frustrated by this as there have been other posts to kde lists about it).

I feel very strongly that this issue should be fixed before the final release
of KDE 3.1 and if I can help fix it I would like to do so. I've been looking
through Konqueror source code to try and identify where this happens, but I
can't seem to figure it out. If anyone could just give me a hint as to where
I should most likely be looking, then please let me know and I'll take a stab
at fixing the problem.

Regards,

Jesper Juhl <jju at dif.dk>