Khtml bgcolor parsing bug

Jesper Juhl jju at dif.dk
Thu Jan 16 15:45:19 GMT 2003

ismail (cartman) donmez wrote:

> Oops non-working case should be like this :
>
>> Case 2 ( Non-Working Case ) :

> <head>
> <title>Html bug </title>
> </head>
> This document has wrong background color

Have you tried including a DOCTYPE with your document?
The above is valid HTML 4.0 Transitional :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

But it is /not/ valid HTML 4.0 Strict :

        "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">

I don't know for sure how khtml treats documents without DOCTYPE as opposed
to those with one, and I don't have anything except rc6 to test with (which
renders both your versions fine). But I guess it's worth a try to add a
correct DOCTYPE.

/Jesper Juhl