KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed Jan 15 19:43:12 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 18:18, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > > - the dir is in mtab but not fstab -> not ok, manually mounted
> > > - the dir is in mtab and fstab and it has noauto option -> not ok
> > > - otherwise (mtab&fstab and doesn't have noauto) -> ok
> >
> > Indeed, that should catch all cases then. Still, I can't finish the
> > implementation as I don't know about AIX and BSD implementations of
> > get[fs,mnt]ent.
>
>  Can't those implementations simply treat all cases as manually mounted,
> until somebody implements that?
Yes, ATM I do exactly the opposite :-) But a friend told me where to find the
BSD manpages, so I'll fix the BSD stuff in a sec.

> > Here's the patch to implement the above.
>
>  Can strstr(ff->fs mntops, "noauto")  possibly get some false hits?
Sure. Why do you think not?

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience