potential disclosure of private data in konqueror

Tim Jansen ml at tjansen.de
Mon Jan 13 23:15:59 GMT 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 23:49, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > If this is a security problem, then what about the following:
> > - you paste something in the location bar and send it to your DNS server
> Thats true, but DNS servers are local. You have to trust your local dns
> server, otherwise there is not much to protect you from anyway.

It is much more likely that someone between you and your DNS server is
interested in your password or the (possibly confidental) text that you
pasted, for example a co-worker in the same LAN. I doubt that Google or some
carrier that does not have any relationship with you scans your traffic or is
able to exploit it.

bye...