Java applets in 3.1.0 branch

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 12 22:08:22 GMT 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, George Staikos wrote:

>   It gave an exception on __lc.  I'll try updating kjs and khtml and see if it
> helps.

It will help for the exception, so you must upgrade. But the yahoo case is
different. If I clear the Java console and press 'Play Now!', I only see

KJAS: PH: cmd_length = 3
KJAS: PH: read in 3 bytes for command
KJAS: createContext, id = 2

meaning the applet is never loaded. I made a small testcase:
    <APPLET NAME="myapplet" CODE="myapplet.class" width="100%"
      height="100%" MAYSCRIPT>
    </APPLET>

The 100% width/height probably causes this. Don't know why, but its a
khtml error for sure.

Koos