Win32 - First Full Pass (Smaller Message)

Alan Gutierrez ajglist at izzy.net
Sun Jan 12 16:50:44 GMT 2003

Dan Christiansen wrote:
 > On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 08:44 AM, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
 >
 >> 4) Bracket code that won't compile with #if 0. (Most of KWQ)
                                                            ^ *
 > You should consider bracketing with #ifdef __OBJC__ instead. Most of the
 > parts will probably be Objective-C code in C++ files (or vice versa) and
 > won't compile with FSF GCC either. Another possibility is using either
 > __APPLE_CPP__ or __APPLE_CC__, which will be set by Apple's GCC.

Thank you for sparing yet another compiler define hunt.

* I take it back, most of KWQ is comipling.

The sticky bits are of course:
   - Windows
   - Graphics
   - Unicode

Many of those files, however, are container classes. Objective C++ is used
only to call NextStep. This is code that had to be replaced in any case.

Alan Gutierrez