Win32 Port of Safari

Alan Gutierrez ajglist at izzy.net
Sun Jan 12 03:09:24 GMT 2003

Dirk Mueller wrote:
 > On Fre, 10 Jan 2003, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
 >
 >>-AttrImpl *NamedAttrMapImpl::getNamedItem ( NodeImpl::Id id ) const
 >>+// AttrImpl *NamedAttrMapImpl::getNamedItem ( NodeImpl::Id id ) const AJG
 >>+NodeImpl *NamedAttrMapImpl::getNamedItem ( NodeImpl::Id id ) const
 >
 > is this a compiler warning or a compile fix ? C++ definitely allows
 > signatures to differ based on the return type.

Mr Mueller

I need some scouring the rust of my C++ knowledge.

Here is the result of gg: return type signature group:comp.std.c++

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=return+type+signature+group:comp.std.c%2B%2B

These are the most recent threads I could find.

http://groups.google.com/groups?th=f7452872378d982c
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=7c5c2ef7b7bcf935

They state that overloading by return type is not supported by the standard.
The discussions also imply that although not allowed, it is certianly possible
for many compilers, since many compilers put the return type in the mangled
name.

Thank you for you help.

Alan Gutierrez