handling of expired cookies

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Jan 9 05:55:39 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 22:46, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 09 Jan 2003, Frank Dekervel wrote:
> > it seems to work correctly (after a while, 2.php says 'foo is not set'
> > again)
> > kde 3.1RC6
>
> Hmm. doesn't work for me. current 3.1 branch. I've reloaded after 5
> minutes, it says "is set".

This is indeed a bug or rather an oversight in the way the cookiejar deletes
expired cookies.  Expired cookies are deleted everytime the cookiejar is
flushed to disk.  However, this only happens whenever the cookiejar changes
state. That is a cookie is added or removed.  Unfortunately no equivalent
check is made for a lookup (findCookies) call.  Hence, an expired cookie can
be sent along so long as no add or delete calls were performed right before
the lookup.

Can you please try the attached patches ?

Regards,
Dawit A.