Win32 Port of Safari

Alan Gutierrez ajglist at izzy.net
Thu Jan 9 04:23:41 GMT 2003

George Staikos wrote:
> On January 8, 2003 18:05, Alan Gutierrez wrote:
>
>>Dirk Mueller wrote:

>>>Not at all. Please let us know if you make progress.
>>
>>Downloaded CoreFoundation form Darwin, as well as WebCore and JavaScript
>>core. Set up a VC project and started ifdef'ing. Most of the xml directory
>>has compiled. More problems in the render directory. Still very promising.
>>
>>There are some C++ compiler issues. It looks like VC++ found some typos.
>

>   I wouldn't always be so sure.  VC++ has many known bugs.  You might have to
> do some rather annoying things to get it to compile.

Oh, yes! VC++ has bugs! But it has caught a couple of stucts that were
predeclared as classes, for example. The code is being run through another
compiler, which has it's own set of warnings, so VC++ might catch some real
issues, if not bugs.

Almost all of the khtml/kjs/pcre now compiles. VC++ has only one major feature
deficency. Apparently macros can take variable arguments in GCC. Not so in VC++.

Otherwise, the changes needed to compile were really minor. Apple has done a
great job of sparating KHTML from Qt.

I am considering using VCF to implement the guts of Kwq for Win32.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcf/

Can anyone recommend a C++ GUI library for Win32, one that supports lightweight
controls?

Alan Gutierrez