Win32 Port of Safari

Alan Gutierrez ajglist at izzy.net
Thu Jan 9 00:31:28 GMT 2003

Andreas Dieling wrote:

>> Going to stop, think, and find solutions to the obvious problems I
>> have encountered before moving on.
>>

> If kwq is using Cacoa, perhaps GNUStep (www.gnustep.org) can help; as
> far as GNUStep uses Win32 and doesn't need an XServer(haven't looked
> into it). And don't you also need something like cygwin for the unix-api?
>
> Andreas

Thank your Mr Deiling you are right on the money. I'd not dug deeply into kwq,
but I did see NSObject, NSScreen, etc. Now I see that NS stands for NextStep.
(Netscape? I thought. Surely you are kidding me!)

My strategy for the port, is to first get KHTML to compile. It wants to compile.
  Those files that don't comple have an error or three at most. I can then test
the dom and the parser as command line applications.

Once this is stable, I can work on porting Kwq.

Part of the problem is that I am going to have remember how to program at this
level.

I was flustered that there was no unsigned long long with VC++, after a little
thought, it seems that __int64 (signed long long) will hold plenty of
milliseconds for a timestamp. I'd thought MAX_LLONG == MAX_ULONG at first. Four
years of scripting languages!

Alan Gutierrez