KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed Jan 8 11:58:27 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 12:23, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 of January 2003 00:42, David Faure wrote:
> > Sure. But the dir's mtime isn't enough information. Some file might have
> > changed, which doesn't change the dir's mtime.
>
>  I think we could check dir's mtime and mtime of all files in it.
Uh... isn't that really slow? Especially with huge directories? That's what
FAM tries to prevent and the reason (I guess) STAT and DNOTIFY don't do it.

> > You could also check with KIO::probably_slow_mounted and keep using
> > KDirWatch when it isn't slow.
>
>  I don't fully understand KIO::probably_slow_mounted() code, but I think it
> wouldn't detect e.g. mounted cdrom as "slow". But perhaps there could be a
> similar function KIO::temporarily_mounted() which would return false if
> this entry is in fstab and has the auto option.
That's almost what probably_slow_mounted already does ;-) Additionally, it
checks for nfs.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience