KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Wed Jan 8 11:29:59 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 00:42, David Faure wrote:
> Sure. But the dir's mtime isn't enough information. Some file might have
> changed, which doesn't change the dir's mtime.
> This is why, IIRC, we chose to keep the kdirwatch on the cached dir, until
> the first "this dir has changed" signal from KDirWatch - at that point we
> can throw the cache away, we know it's no good anymore.
Yes, almost ;) We are watching the dir until the first change signal, remove
the watch and mark the dir dirty. On request, the "old" items are sent out
immediately, then an update job is started. Like this we don't need to check
the dir all the time it is requested, have it available immediately and are
still always up-to-date. And I definitely don't want to change this
semantics, so if we are not watching a dir in the cache, don't put it into
the cache... ah, wait, maybe not watching the dir but already marking it
dirty at the time it is moved into the cache. Yes, sounds good ;) Still, I
don't know how to check for floppies etc. Will have a look at Waldo's idea.

> However this doesn't help fixing this problem....
Hmm..., yes, I think it did ;)

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience