Nsplugins and javascript: urls

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Feb 28 22:26:22 GMT 2003

On Thursday 27 February 2003 17:23, Alex Russell wrote:
> On Friday 28 February 2003 12:48 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> >    Well it's not really inside konqueror, but inside the nsplugins part
> > and code.  It seems that a lot of plugins request
> > javascript:document.location, javascript:history.back(), etc.  The
> > problem is that they are implemented, but they just don't work presently.
> >
> > :)  I put in a hack for history.back() and it seems to work nicely.
> >
> >  There is also a hack present for
> > document.location, but I dont' think it works at all.  For instance,
> > playing films on atomfilms seems to have broken recently (I think they
> > changed the site), and it works all the way up to the point where the
> > plugin requests the url (with notification) javascript:document.location.
>
> If the set of operations that plugins require is small, then can we just
> extend to them a hacked stub that provides read-only access to those
> properties? I have a very bad feeling about a full javascript:
> pseudo-protocol.

  I'm not talking about a kioslave for javascript access.   I'm more
considering doing a liveconnect style of system (after discussions with
Koos), much like we have in KJava.  The NS plugin spec already provides for
this.  We will of course have plenty of security checks in the end.

--

George Staikos