Problems run Java apps behind HTTPS

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Tue Feb 25 17:37:09 GMT 2003

> > Nope, this URL:
> > https://ttademo.tarantella.com/cgi-bin/secure/ttawlogin.cgi/?action=start
> >&pg=index2.html tells me that the process dies unexpectedly (almost
> > immediately)
>
> Works for me with SUN 1.4.1 (I see 'Starting Applet Tarantella Framework
> ..' in statusbar after some time). What jvm do you use?

I do see it sometimes (the "starting Applet tarantella....."), but the HTTPS
process dies immidiately. I'm using Sun's latest JRE (1.4.1_01)

> And this https://ttademo.tarantella.com, does it work?

Thats the starting point, I just gave the URL where it's relocating too - so
the same problem.

> > But there are good news - remember few months ago when I asked you about
> > a Java based chat that didn't manage to work? (only showed NetFun logo -
> > http://chat.iol.co.il/chat.asp?joinl=1) - now it works perfectly! thanks!
>
> Great, I wonder how that one got fixed though...

Maybe because the app needed to load additional stuff which now it can?
there are still focus problems sometimes (not being able to type inside)...

Hope this helps,
Hetz