Problems run Java apps behind HTTPS

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 25 17:34:22 GMT 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> > Does it work now? The page starts two applets, but doesn't seem very
> > interactive.
>
> Nope, this URL:
> https://ttademo.tarantella.com/cgi-bin/secure/ttawlogin.cgi/?action=start&pg=index2.html
> tells me that the process dies unexpectedly (almost immediately)

Works for me with SUN 1.4.1 (I see 'Starting Applet Tarantella Framework
..' in statusbar after some time). What jvm do you use?

And this https://ttademo.tarantella.com, does it work?

> Another weird issue:
>
> kjas: status message = Initializing Applet null ...
> kjas: KJavaAppletServer::slotJavaRequest: 1
> kjas: KJavaAppletServer::slotJavaRequest: 3
> kjas: Applet State Notification for Applet 1. New state=3
> kjas: KJavaAppletContext::received, cmd = >>AppletStateNotificatio
>
> null?????

Not Using Letters Label, that means the applet has no name :) Don't worry
about that.

> But there are good news - remember few months ago when I asked you about a
> Java based chat that didn't manage to work? (only showed NetFun logo -
> http://chat.iol.co.il/chat.asp?joinl=1) - now it works perfectly! thanks!

Great, I wonder how that one got fixed though...

Koos