committed

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Tue Feb 25 09:37:24 GMT 2003

Am Dienstag, 25. Februar 2003 00:09 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Leo Savernik wrote:
[...]
> Also, it allows you to increase the text size without totally blowing up
> the layout on more complex webpages.

I prefer readability over layout in any case. If the webdesigner didn't make
his site scalable, he doesn't deserve it better.

> > Well, so instead of aim - click - click I have to aim - press - wait -
> > aim - release -- too slow for me. Using a menu isn't an option either for
> > the same cause.
>
> You don't have to wait, you just have to drag down the mouse while the
> button is still pressed. its very fast actually.

D'oh! Didn't know that. When you think you know everything about the ui... ;-)
Actually, twice aiming is the problem. I'd never hit the right menuitem fast
enough.

> > You should have told me before I committed. It's interesting to see that
> > the discussion always starts after committing something ;-)
> > Could you explain the superiority of a small stepping to me? It's not
> > obvious for me.
>
> the old stepping was symmetric and logarithmic. one can talk about removing
> the rather small 5% step (95 and 105), but the 10% step should be
> reintroduced, together with the others you removed (IMHO).

The new stepping is also symmetric (but not logarithmic). If I restore the old
stepping, will you mind if I add another two hidden actions (only reachable
via kb accel) whose first makes font size really big, and whose second makes
font size really small?