Any thoughts on these changes?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Feb 25 05:29:24 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 00:19, Nathan Murphy wrote:

> Yes, the "About ..." dialogs still exist for each
> application and also contain the copyright
> information.  However, Noatun is still being shipped
> without Mp3 support even though it is BSD licensed
> rather than GPL'ed.

  Great!  Thank you for that information.  It's a bit of a relief. :)  It
might be prudent to put a Copyright and TM notice in About KDE for 3.2.0.
Anyhow, we're diverging from the topic of the list now.  Thanks for your
feedback, and in order to avoid a long thread that really can't do much good
for anyone, I'd like to stop this here.  We of course encourage all packagers
and distributors to ship our code uncrippled.  However the politics of these
situations are best left to other forums.  We must also remember that they do
have a right to modify, extend, and enhance the code, as the licencing
permits.

Thanks again!

--

George Staikos