committed

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Feb 24 21:33:18 GMT 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Leo Savernik wrote:

> Usability-wise, yes. As the zoom level is not sticky one has to reapply it on
> any new windows opened. Having a larger stepping needs less button clicks to
> get a satisfactorily big font size.

if you have to click zoom on every widnow, then you should setup the right
medium font size in the konqueror font configuration. That will give you
zero clicks on the zoom button instead of one click, and is a big usability
improvement.

However, if you do have the right medium font size and there is just this
one braindead web page that hardcodes font sizes in pixels or worse, you
want a finer grained scaling.

btw, you don't have to click repeatedly on the button. you can use the
popup, or use the zoom setting from the view menu directly.

I find the mozilla behaviour pretty braindead, thats why I implemented
something that is IMHO superior.

--
Dirk (received 823 mails today)