UA string.

Vadim Plessky vplessky at faringosept.ru
Sun Feb 23 11:35:08 GMT 2003

On Friday 21 February 2003 09:45, Stig Nygaard wrote:
|  > Is there any spec on UserAgent string formatting?
|
|  Some links on Netscape DevEdge and MS:
|  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;272413

Speaking about Browser Capabilities, MS points out from that page to:

http://www.cyscape.com/browscap/
which tells about my Konq 3.1:
   Your browser: Konqueror 3.1 (UNIX)   Country: RU   Cookies: True   DHTML:
False   [more]

Already funny, as Konq/KHTMl supports 2 DHTML models (document.all and DOM),
and at least one of those should be detected. But it is not!...

And clicking on [more], you would be at this page:
http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.asp

which shows following funny info about my browser (Konq 3.1):

Browser: Konqueror 3.1

 Property	 Value
 Majorver	3
 Minorver	0.1
 Minorverlet
 Version	3.1
 Fullversion	3.1
 Browser	Konqueror

 BrowserBuild
 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 ServicePack
 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled

 Gecko		False
 GeckoBuildDate
 Beta	False

 Frames		True
 IFrames	False
 Tables		True
 Cookies	Disabled
 CookiesEnabled 	False
 Backgroundsounds	 False

VP>  I am quite confident that I have cookies enabled (but I allow them "per
site", clicking OK in dialog).
It seems that they check for cookies which stay on hard disk, and this doesn't
work when you enable theose "per session"
VP> It also funny that they report IFrames as unsupported, while those are
supported for a lonf time!

 VBScript	False
 VBScriptEnabled	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled

 VBScriptBuild	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled

 JavaScript		True
 JavaScriptEnabled	 False

VP>  and I have JS enabled, too.
VP> this means that their detection method just sucks, it can't detect JS
correctly.

 JavaScriptBuild	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled

 JavaApplets	True
 JavaEnabled	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 JavaVersion	Click here to test
 JavaVendor	Click here to test

 MSJVMBuild	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 ActiveXControls	False
 ActiveXEnabled	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 ImagesEnabled	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 AOL	 False
 AOLVersion	0
 SSL	True
 SSLEnabled	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 SSLActive	 False
 SSLKeySize
 This page must be accessed via HTTPS to check this property or you must
perform an extended property check.

 Win16	 	False
 Crawler	 False
 CDF	 	False
 Platform	UNIX
 NETCLRInstalled	 False
 NETCLRVersion
 Language	English
 LangUser	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 LangSystem	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled

 TimeZoneDiff	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 BrowserDateTime	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled

 BrowserDateTimeMs	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 AuthenticodeUpdate	 0

 StyleSheets	 True
 Proxy		 False
ProxyString

 Firewall		Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 OSDetails	Linux
 MSN		False
 Gold		False
 DHTML		False
 FileUpload	Yes
 MouseOver	True
 PNG		True
 FontSmoothing		False
 FontColor	 True
 FontSize	True
TextSize 	Not detectable with this browser
 TableBGColor	 True
 JavaScriptVer	 1.1
IPAddr		212.15.120.83
Click here to have BrowserHawk look up host name.
 Country	RU
 TableBGImage	True
 CompressGZip	 True
 EmailCrawler	False
 Height	 0
 HeightAvail	 0
 Width	0
 WidthAvail	0
 ConnectionType	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 ConnectionSpeed	Click here to test
 Plugin_Flash	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_FlashVerEx
 Plugin_Director	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_DirectorVerEx
 Plugin_QuickTime	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_QuickTimeVerEx
 Plugin_Acrobat	 Click here to test
 Plugin_AcrobatVerEx	 Click here to test
 Plugin_RealPlayer	 Click here to test
 Plugin_RealPlayerBuild	 Click here to test
 Plugin_MediaPlayer		Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_MediaPlayerVerEx

 Plugin_iPIXViewer	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_SVGViewer	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_CrystalReports	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_Viewpoint	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_Authorware	 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_Mapguide	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_Citrix		 Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 Plugin_JavaVer		Click here to test
 Plugin_Custom		Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 NetMeetingBuild	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 ColorDepth		 	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 XML		False
 MSXML	Not detectable with JavaScript disabled
 WAP		False
 WAP_DeviceModel	 Unknown
 WAP_Gateway
 WAP_SubscriberID
 WAP_MaxDeckSize	 0
 HDML		False
 PDA		False
 CharHeightAvail	0
 CharWidthAvail		0
 Referrer

--

Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net