hidden directory crash - analysis..

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Feb 21 22:52:27 GMT 2003

On Friday 21 February 2003 20:25, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> Since I don't think it'd be backwards compatible to make
> KDirLister::setShowDotFiles context dependent,

KDirLister is not really designed to have different settings for different
directories. It will be very hairy to add it.

> the setting in the sidebar
> treeview should probably be fixed to the one of the view's root directory.

The attached patch does this. However, it now becomes very obvious that the
"show hidden files" menu-option has no effect on the dirtree. I'm not sure if
there is a simple way to make it follow the other view in this regard, but
otherwise I would like to suggest to simply disable showing dotfiles in the
directory tree and be done with it. (also attached)

Cheers,
Waldo