Proposed KTabWidget Code

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Feb 20 16:46:12 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 21:02, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Attached for review...

Hi, code looks ok with two details. Downcasting in KTabWidget
constructor is pointless since you inherit QTabBar anyway.
Also the license is unacceptable for kdelibs, you'd have to relicense it
to either LGPL or BSD license.
I'm more concerned with usefullness of this widget. There's not a lot of
code there and not a lot of things using it. The code using it in
Konqueror will be removed in the next month because we'll have to
change that widget for Konqueror before 3.2 especially that we're
getting at least one email a day saying how badly our tabs suck. Most
probably Doug Hanleys implementation will be used
http://131.215.82.160/screenshot1.jpg .
So basically If someone else says that they will use this widget then
after correcting the two above mentioned problems you can commit to
kdeui and if no one steps up then probably keeping it in Kopete is the
best idea.

Zack

--
Question authority! Yeah, says who?