Konqy hangs on custom profile (Was: Hide Location Bar)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Feb 20 14:57:06 GMT 2003

On Thursday 20 February 2003 15:48, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Thursday 20 February 2003 14:34, Lynelle Nundoo wrote:
> > if i run the profile just as you gave it to me, initially...including
> > the code below....nothing changes....or goes away at alll!
> > BUT...if i manually deselect the "show Location Bar" in the menubar..and
> > save this profile - then it works..
> > The problem with this is that it saves this for all profiles - iow, if i
> > take away the location toolbar for my profile - the default settings
> > changes to match this...which i don't want to happen :(
> >
> > Another quick question,  without actually changing the "konqueror.rc"
> > file, is there a way to remove the location option from the menubar - or
> > at least remove some of the actions from within it... ???
>
> Yes, the KIOSK framework allows you to do that. But it will change it for
> all profiles, which is probably not what you want.

Or it is. You can make a config file my-konqy-settings and include KIOSK
restrictions in that file that disable certain menu-options. You can then
start konqueror with "konqueror --config my-konqy-settings" so that it will
use "my-konq-settings" instead of "konquerorrc".

That way the restrictions don't affect a normally started konqueror.

KIOSK restrictions are explained in kdelibs/kdecore/README.kiosk. In your case
you must make the changes to "my-konq-settings" instead of kdeglobals.

Very much untested :)

Cheers,
Waldo