Konqy hangs on custom profile (Was: Hide Location Bar)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Feb 20 12:29:47 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 21:16, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 18:36, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 February 2003 15:30, Lynelle Nundoo wrote:
> > > Hi waldo,
> > >
> > > I've tried your suggestion, and although it doesn't cause konqueror to
> > > hang, it doesn't seem to remove the location bar either.  I've attached
> > > the output that I get. Is there something that I'm, perhaps missing???
> >
> > No, I guess the states of the toolbars simply aren't saved in the
> > profiles. I'm afraid I can't help you then.
>
> Strange, I see code to do that.
>
> konqueror/konq_viewmgr.cc:1122
>
>   // Apply menu/toolbar settings saved in profile. Read from a separate
> group // so that the window doesn't try to change the size stored in the
> Profile group. // (If applyMainWindowSettings finds a "Width" or "Height"
> entry, it // sets them to 0,0)
>   if( cfg.hasGroup( "Main Window Settings" ) ) {
>     QString savedGroup = cfg.group();
>     m_pMainWindow->applyMainWindowSettings( &cfg, "Main Window Settings" );
>     cfg.setGroup( savedGroup );
>
> Check if your profile has a "Main Window Settings" group?

Yes it has:
[Main Window Settings]
MenuBar=Enabled

[Main Window Settings Toolbar locationToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconSize=22
IconText=IconOnly
Index=2
NewLine=true
Offset=-1
Position=Top

It does actually seems to work now. I first thought Konqy locked up again
because it didn't seem to paint the work-area, but appearantly that's just its
idea of a default page. (It has a blue border on top as if it is about to
paint a toolbar there)

And the location bar is indeed gone.

Cheers,
Waldo