konqueror/mozilla

Vadim Plessky vplessky at faringosept.ru
Wed Feb 19 19:57:37 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 17:22, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
|  hi ppl,
|
|  i have a rather simple question - why invent the wheel again??? I was
|  just looking to the site of konqueror, and i wondered - why not using
|  the html-engine from mozilla?

Apple engineers have opposite point of view.
They think that KHTML engine is better written/designed, compared to
Mozilla/Gecko, and use KHTML in Aplple's upcoming web browser, Safari.

If you want an answer in a few words: KHTML is smaller, faster and more
reliable, comparing to Mozilla/Gecko.
Besides, KHTML is "MS IE compatible", this means that we can render many sites
which are no accessible in Mozilla/Netscape7/Opera.

Hope this helps!

--

Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net