should Konqueror render invalid HTML?

Michael Wardle michael.wardle at adacel.com
Wed Feb 19 03:56:09 GMT 2003

Hi

(I am not currently subscribed to the Konqueror mailing list.  I would
appreciate it if you copied me on any response.)

I just performed a search for Konqueror bugs on <http://bugs.kde.org>,
and noticed there were a substantial number of bugs reported either
expecting Konqueror to render invalid HTML or to work "like Netscape
does" or "like Internet Explorer does" on badly-written sites.

Is it the Konqueror developers' desire to make Konqueror work on invalid
HTML, especially when doing so might render valid HTML pages
incorrectly?

As I would rather a fast, small, and standards-compliant browser, I
would enjoy going thru KDE bugs and closing ones which ask for broken
pages to be rendered "right", but perhaps you would rather I didn't.

Could somebody from the development team please comment on what the
objectives of Konqueror are and how you would like such bugs handled.

I searched the kfm-devel archives and couldn't find a relevant answer to
this question, however it is of course fine for you to point me there
if I have missed something.

Thanks

--
Michael Wardle