Javascript debugger

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 16 15:08:40 GMT 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Peter Kelly wrote:
>
> > I decided to have a go at finishing off the javascript debugger in khtml,
> > which has been sitting there for some time but in an incomplete state.
> > Hopefully this will make troubleshooting javascript problems a bit easier.
>
> That's really great! If you don't mind, I would like to finish the
> evaluation sheet I've added. Now it evaluates from the beginning to the
> cursor and it should be the whole line. Maybe add evalute selected text
> also when pressing Enter.

Ok, it's in there. Great to have this eval available all the time now
(not only when in session).

I noticed that when entering a function with 'Step', the highlighted line
is just one below the viewing area. I think it should scroll down, making
the 'function foo()' line the first line in the viewing area (right pane).

On a page with some JS and a <script src='myjs.js'></script>, I don't see
that include myjs.js (which contains only global declarations in my case).

I would very much like to see pages that are dynamic created. Typically
original 'about:blank' documents, replaced with document.open/write/close.
(Now I have to do 'top.frames[0].document.firstChild.innerHTML' to get it
contents).

Koos