solved and committed

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Feb 16 12:39:35 GMT 2003

Am Freitag, 14. Februar 2003 16:29 schrieb Leo Savernik:
> Hello,
>
> With my commit of the dataprotocol.* and dataslave.* and the accompanying
> changes I'm about to replace the old stand-alone kio_data slave.
>
> However, before doing that I have to tackle some issues:
> Is it ok when I
> - put the data.protocol file into kdelibs/kio/kio?
> - remove the exec=kio_data line from the data.protocol file? It's a special
> protocol, there's nothing to execute.

[...]

I have committed the changes. data.protocol is now under kdelibs/kio where the
other .desktop files reside, and I removed the exec=kio_data line as it
doesn't keep it from functioning.

The old data kioslave under kdelibs/kioslave/data has become effectively
obsolete by now. Look for orphaned kio_data.* files under
$(KDEPREFIX)/lib/kde3 and delete them (or simply ignore, they don't harm). I
am going to remove the old implementation next week.

mfg
	Leo