BrowserExtension::isURLDropHandlingEnabled unimplemented?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Feb 14 23:39:46 GMT 2003

Hello,

I wanted to look into fixing a long time bug that prevents dropping an url
onto a KHtmlImage part. I saw that the KHTMLImage ctor contains the line
m_ext->setURLDropHandlingEnabled( true );
whose documentation tells me: "URL drop handling is a property
   * describing whether the hosting shell component is allowed to install an
   * event filter on the part's widget, to listen for URI drop events. Set it
to true if you [...] do not provide any special URI drop handling. "

That implies that URL drops should work automagically. However, they don't.

To find the source setting up the url drop handler i grepped kdelibs with
grep -rie "isurldr"
and found no occurrences other than those defined in browserextension
(ignoring the methods of the same name in kdeui).
grepping kdebase for the same string reveals not a single occurrence at all.

Which leads to the questions: Is it implemented at all?
Is its non-implementation the cause for URL drops not to work in KHtmlImage
parts?

I'd very much like to fix this nasty bug but I'm clueless. I appreciate any
hints on the subject.

mfg
	Leo