[Patch] Sort by time of modification in iconview + multicolumsnview

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Thu Feb 13 13:10:38 GMT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003 21:27 schrieb Anna Nymos:
> Changed the things you wanted. The new diff files are at:
> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=942&action=view
> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=943&action=view
> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=944&action=view
> http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=945&action=view
> Is there a way to make one diff file out of this four (to reduce mail
> traffic created when uploading)? The question whether sort-by-creation-date
> and sort-by-last-access-date should be included is still open.

Yeah, use
diff -u olddir newdir > xy.diff
That puts everything into one diff.

Alternatively, you could use
diff -u oldfile1 newfile1 > xy.diff
diff -u oldfile2 newfile2 >> xy.diff
diff -u oldfile3 newfile3 >> xy.diff

Sorting by modification date does what is wanted 99% of the time, so don't
bother to implement the rest.

I consider the patch ripe for commit. What do you think, David?