Add setMinFontSize(int) to KHTMLSettings

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Feb 8 09:37:02 GMT 2003

[Please CC kmail at kde.org when replying]

On Saturday 08 February 2003 03:22, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Fre, 07 Feb 2003, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > in KMail it's not possible to set the size of the font which is
> > used to render the message text to a value below 10pt because the
> > KHTMLPart uses the hard coded HTML_DEFAULT_MIN_FONT_SIZE.
>
> actually, its 7px which is something around 5pt (and even less for
> high resolution displays).

Then I'm wondering why in KMail the lowest possible font size for the
message body is 10pt? I saved the HTML code which KMail creates to a
file and viewed it in Konqueror. Provided that the minimum font size in
Konqueror is low enough Konqueror shows the message with the correct
font size. So there must be something in KHTMLPart which disallows font
sizes below 10pt. If it's not the built-in limit then what else is it?

> > it's in theory possible to do this via
> > KHTMLSettings::init(KConfig*...) but we really don't want to have a
> > full blown KHTMLSettings config dialog in KMail just to be able to
> > change one value.
>
> Why don't you reuse the font size settings that are configured in the
> konqhtml kcontrol?

How would we do that? By simply calling KHTMLSettings::init()? The API
docu says that init() is "Called by constructor and
reparseConfiguration". As it's indeed called by the c'tor I'm wondering
why it doesn't load the settings from khtmlrc? Although I set the
minimum font size to 6pt in the konqhtml kcontrol KMail still refuses
to display font sizes below 10pt.

> How do you set the medium font size right now?

Hmm, currently we don't set it.

Regards,
Ingo