Code for IE-like web proxy detection

juan at foxpaw.com juan at foxpaw.com
Sun Feb 2 21:14:09 GMT 2003

Greetings, I've written some code that autodetects the web proxy configuration
URL like IE does.  This would allow Konq to select "Use proxy", and "Auto
Configure Proxy," without having to provide the configuration script URL.

Any interest in working with me to integrate it?  I'm not a konq hacker yet,
that's why no patch.

Code (GPL) is available here:
http://juan.foxpaw.com/code
It consists of dhcpinform.c, a suid utility that gets DHCP configuration, a
simple DNS query utility that I imagine we'd just fold in, and some fun sed
scripts for finding DHCP configuration.  Check out autowpadconfig for the
starting point.

Email if you're game.  Cheers,
--Juan