Patch: fixing another textarea regression

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 12:24:18 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 12:02, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 13:53, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> > My fix for the textarea whitespace handling had one
> > regression: My analysis brought me to the conclusion
> > that IE and mozilla ignore the first line feed, but indeed
> > they ignore the _leading_ line feed.
>
> hmm? afaik IE and mozilla behave quite different here. which testcase did you
> fix now?
<textarea>[space here]
 Text
 text
</textarea>

That one showed up as
"  Text
 text" while both IE and mozilla showed
"
 Text
 text"

konqueror does too when I commit :)

What makes me most angry about myself is that our old(!) regression
tests highlighted that difference, but because I didn't know about
HTMLTextAreaElementImpl::defaultValue ignoring first new line the
rendering was the same, so I declared the baseline to be buggy ;(

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.