Suggestion: Note-taking KIOslave?

Lenar info at lenartech.com
Fri Aug 29 12:59:11 BST 2003

Hi All,

Konqueror is a very advanced Web browser/File Manager/Protocol Swiss knife. It is amazing. I would like to thank all the developers for there valuable contribution to this project.

I am not a programmer, however, for a while now, I have been pondering an idea. I think that it would be a good idea to create a note taking KIOslave for Konqueror. This note-taker could be similiar to KnowIt (http://knowit.sourceforge.net/index.html) and MyBase (http://www.wjjsoft.com). Mybase is cool in that it allows the user to collect Webpages or elements of Webpages as part of its tree and store them into its native database. Mybase also allows the user to encrypt all or portions of the note-taking tree. This is priceless. Mybase also allows its user to export his/her notes into other formats (like html for instance). Given the number of KIOslaves that I've seen, I think that this would be a simple project for a KIOslave programmer.

An application like this, in my opinion, is really needed. I think that it would definately be "must have" for the KDE if it was actually being.

Please let me know what you think about this idea.

Thank you,
Raphael

--
Lenar Technologies, LLC