2 Suburl patches for review: khtml_part.cpp & job.cpp

esvld at gwmail.warwick.ac.uk esvld at gwmail.warwick.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 09:47:28 BST 2003

> On Sam, 16 Aug 2003, Laurence Anderson wrote:
>
> > the error protocol that uses suburls? Without these changes if a html
> > file has a location of:
> > file:/home/me/archive.war#tar:/index.html
> > baseurl would be set to file:/home/me/archive.war, which is incorrect.
>
> Can you explain why you consider that to be incorrect?
>
> khtml does not expect to deal with suburls anywhere internally, so
> allowing them here might introduce a lot of subtle bugs.

In converting the tar ioslave to use suburls (so it can support archives in
archives, network, ...), everything seems to work now apart from WAR
(webarchive) files, that now have a URL of eg.
file:/home/me/archive.war#tar:/index.html. Because khtml interprets this as
file:/home/me/archive.war so no images work etc, and all links are broken.
However with the fix it seems to work fine, well enough for WAR files
anyway. However as this is be the only (?) (apart from error) protocol
using suburls, the change should not affect anything else?

Thanks,

Laurence

Laurence

http://mail2web.com/ .