Maybe a bug, javascript Prompt-Dialog in khtml

Grimm, Cornelius grimm at valudo.de
Tue Aug 12 10:45:11 BST 2003

Hello,

I don't know the process of open source software development, but I have a
suggestion for a change in kdelibs/khtml/ecma/kjs_window.cpp of the latest
anonymous cvs snapshot.

Alert and Confirm messageboxes are created as child windows of
KHTMLPart->view(), but the Prompt dialog is created without parent. And in
my special case I ran into trouble with that.

Would be nice if someone could look over this. Or tell me as an "open source
newbie" how I can submit this myself, because this patch should be usefull
not only for me.

[snip]
1276,1277d1275
<     if (!widget->dialogsAllowed())
<       return Undefined();
1283c1281
<                                    args[1].toString(exec).qstring(), &ok,
widget);
---
>                                    args[1].toString(exec).qstring(), &ok);
1287c1285
<                                    QString::null, &ok, widget);
---
>                                    QString::null, &ok);
[snap]

I apologize for my mean language ability... ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Cornelius