Cut, Copy context menu in konqueror

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Aug 11 14:14:49 BST 2003

Am Montag, 11. August 2003 14:27 schrieb jwsacksteder at ramprecision.com:
> If you select text in the URL area, you can cut, copy or paste from the
> right-click context menu. If you do the same in the body of the page, you
> can only get to those functions via the toolbar cut or the pull-down menus.
> This is seriously inconvenient for me personally, as I frequently cut
> search terms and names out of pages so I can paste them into other web
> forms. I would expect it to work that way since most kde apps have that
> behaviour already. Is this intentional design? If not, consider this a new
> feature request.

It's intentionally for two reasons.
- Not bloating the context menu even more.
- HTML is read only, there's no sense in having cut & paste there.

You *could* send a proposal to kde-usability of adding Copy to the context
menu, but I guess it gets rejected because there's a big movement to get
stuff out of the context menu, not into it.

Note that within form fields, you *have* a context menu containing cut, copy &
paste.

Btw, how about using MMB pasting? Select the piece of text and simply hit the
middle mouse button over the target (e. g. form field) to paste it.

mfg
	Leo