[Patch] Harmful Safari merges, please review.

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Tue Aug 5 20:59:57 BST 2003

Hello,

What started as a harmless merge in [1] has become much more invasive as I
simply cannot do without the inlineflowbox information for sensible caret
navigation.

So here comes a new Safari merge patch. It contains everything of the old
patch[2], and additionally features:

- adding createInlineBox to all relevant classes (RenderObject, RenderText,
RenderFlow)
- changing position(int,int,int,int,int,int,bool,int) to position(InlineBox *,
int,int,bool,int)
- backporting constructLine and createLineBoxes from Safari and patching them
as necessary to work with existing code.
- splitting bidiReorderLine into bidiReorderLine and computePositionsForLine
(which is a combination of the computeHorizontal-/-VerticalPositionsForLine
functions of WebCore, but based on existing code)

I regression tested the changes and did not hit any troubles.

The patch is here:
http://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=2161&action=view

mfg
	Leo