Gif not showing

david stevenson david at rondotheatre.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 01:18:14 BST 2003

I have a problem with gif images not showing on Konqueror 3.1
They are from my own server/stack on an embedded card so I am asking here for
any advice.
They used to look fine in Konqueror 3.0
If I view the file in opera (on XP), and save as file, and drag file to
Konqueror 3.1 they display fine.
if I try to browse gif by name (as opposed to embedded in html) I see message
"waiting for reply" and no display, I then have to hit the Stop button. But
using tcpdump shows a full transfer of all bytes and correct tcp session
close occurs in a few msecs.

I have seen some sites on the web where I fail to see images, but I have no
idea what they should be so it could be something wrong with my installation,
or they are bad sites. I do see gifs OK on other sites.

Anyone recognise these simptoms?

David