JS regression - found the problem

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 3 05:49:00 BST 2003

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 23:29, David Joham wrote:
> Found the problem...
>
> In HM_ScriptDOM.js, there's a call to the removeAttribute method of a newly
> created DOM object. This call is failing in Konq with a "DOM Exception 8"
> error for some reason.

  Yes I did see that message before I enabled KJS_VERBOSE - then I lost it
somehow.

> This call seems to fail whenever you call it in Konqueror regardless of
> whether or not the DOM object was in the HTML or created via JavaScript.
> Putting a try/catch around this one line of code made the menus work with
> one visual glitch that's new since the last time I looked at these menus.
> Nothing major at all, the menus are fully functional.
>
> I've created a small recreation that demonstrates the problem. Debugging
> Konq's code is beyond my C++ skills so I'll have to pass this off to
> someone more qualified at this point. I did take a quick look at the CVS
> commit logs for any file that had removeAttribute in it under
> kdelibs/khtml, but nothing jumped out at me as an obvious culprit...

    Well I'm not sure about this, and I don't have time to investigate.  it's
probably best to leave this to Peter now.  It should be easy to fix with this
diagnosis.  Thank you for your help!

(PS: I verified today that it still works with 3.1 branch so it's definitely a
regression)

--
George Staikos
 ...  Yes, my KDE talk at Real World Linux was cancelled on me.