Mozilla MIDAS support

David Joham djoham at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 07:04:10 BST 2003

Please pardon the cross-post, but I couldn't decide which list would be more appropriate for this
post so I decided to punt and send it to both...

Has anyone here taken a look at Mozilla's MIDAS? In a nutshell, MIDAS is a javascript extension
framework for allowing developers to create rich edit controls in HTML pages.

You can get the spec for MIDAS at http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midas-spec.html and see a demo (IE
5.5 and Moz 1.3 only) at http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm.

With all the WYSIWYG Quanta+ development going on, I'm wondering if this is a framework we can use
for Quanta's WYSIWYG support and/or expose to developers.

Any thoughts?

David