caching and https / pw authorized pages

Tobias Anton TA at ESC-Electronics.de
Fri Sep 27 20:15:17 BST 2002

On Saturday 21 September 2002 01:55, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Fre, 20 Sep 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Update kdelibs/kioslave/http and let me know what you think.
>
> As I said, I don't think this fixes it, I would have done that myself :/
>
> the same problem like for text/css exists for text/javascript
>
> the general problem is that the mimetypes aren't standardized. they are
> often text/plain or text/x-javascript and similiar. probably there are many
> more.

In the first mail of this thread, you had the idea to cache secure and
authenticated javascript and css items in Memory, regardless of whether it is
cached on disk. The KHTML Memory cache looks like a good place for that.

However, I assume that setting the expire date knocks the cache out because
kio_http says "expire_date = 1.1.1970" or something like that, but that
should be easy to solve, no?

Or is the current solution sufficient?

Tobias