POST from http to https

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Sep 24 17:19:00 BST 2002

On Tuesday September 24 2002 11:21, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Moin!
>
> Browing amazon.de, I noticed that kio_http seems to have problems when
> POSTing data from a http to a https site (http://www.amazon.de to
> https://www.amazon.de).
>
> Is that a bug or some kind of security limitation? In either way this needs
> fixing.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> Choose a book
> Select: "Add to wishlist"
> Select: "I am not a customer" and enter your email address
> Select: Choose "next"
>
> =>Error
>
> It might be possible that this is only triggered when using a proxy. I am
> forced to use one so could anyone try to verify that?
>
> Output before it hits the error..:
> kssl: Client SSL certificate is being used.
> kssl: Setting real hostname: www.amazon.de
> kssl: KSSL connect failed - rc = 0
> kssl:                       ERROR = 5

#define SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL         5 /* look at error stack/return value/errno
*/

   Can you output a perror() in kdelibs/kio/kssl/kssl.cc right after that last
error message above?  It's around line 307.  Also you should maybe add this
line which is in head:
    d->kossl->ERR_print_errors_fp(stderr);

--

George Staikos