the mouseGesture patch

Sergio Borghese sergico at libero.it
Wed Sep 18 11:25:56 BST 2002

Hi to everyone,

it's me again, I post the two patch I wrote  with this email, so you
could give me some specific suggestion...

Here the idea I used to made the modification:

* At the beginning I wrote a QT Class hoping to use it in an application, well
it works if you inerits from that class... it was fun but I don't know how to
integrate it in the konqueror architecture...

* A friend of mine give some usefull suggestion on where to look, so I decided
to put the code directly into the konqueror ... and that's my first
doubt... maybe there is a better way to do it... but I have to study the kde
architecture.. for now I tried that way 'cause I want to see if it works...

* The patch are for:
	kdelib/khtml/khtml_part.h/cc
	kdebase/konqueror/konq_view.h/cc
	kdebase/konqueror/konq_mainwindow.h/cc

The first patch add to the khtml widget the capability to read and store the
mouse gesture
If a gesture is recognized the widget (khtml_part) send a signal:
gotGesture(int) where the int is
a unique id for every gesture stored with the addGesture routine.

In the konq_view.h/cc I create a slot to receive the gotGesture(int) signal.
The slot simply create an array of konqueror slots and call the one with the
right id.
I created also a dummy slot that is called every time the konqueror receive an
id associated with no slot.

Regards

   Sergio "33%" Borghese