segfault in http kioslave

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Sep 18 07:35:22 BST 2002

> You miss the point.
>
> Once we have received a response from the webserver we know whether the
> webserver wants Basic or Digest. We store that information in digestInfo.
> All further connections will preemptively send authentication using this
> very method.

Fair enough.

> However, if we have never received either a Basic or a Digest response
> (digestInfo is empty) we don't know what to sent, and in that case we
> shouldn't send anything but just wait for the first response from the
> server.

I see what you have done.  I under-estimated the amount of change done to the
authentication stuff.  I thought it was only the new DCOP based password kded
deamon. Anyways, that change makes the variable "digestInfo" in AuthInfo a
bit misleading, but it cannot be avoided now.  You still have to contend with
people manually adding stuff through the DCOP interface though and have to
take more care and properly reset the "Authentication" variable...

Regards,
Dawit A.