segfault in http kioslave

Best, Jan-Pascal van j.p.vanbest at tbm.tudelft.nl
Mon Sep 16 10:26:37 BST 2002

Hi all,

I'm getting segfaults in the http kioslave (CVS HEAD), in
createDigestAuth(),
when accessing an Exchange server (Exchange 2000, Microsoft-IIS/5.0).

The funny thing is that this server usually uses Basic authentication
instead of Digest. If I use Konqueror, the segfaults happens with the
URL
webdav://mail.tbm.tudelft.nl/exchange/janb/Calendar/
but not with Outlook web access, via the URL
http://mail.tbm.tudelft.nl

>From the debug log, it appears that the authentication computation is
happening
before the first request, so not in reaction to a 401 sent by the
server. I've
registered name and password before with the kPasswdServer. I don't
understand
why the kioslave thinks it should authenticate before hearing that from
the
server. This results in an empty info.digestInfo in line 2189
(HEAD=1.538),
which isn't surprising, and a move to AUTH_Digest, which is wrong and
unasked for.

Are there any recent changes to the authentication code in kio_http that
could
have caused this?

Cheers

Jan-Pascal