float's

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Sep 12 13:32:46 BST 2002

Anyone interested to compare Konq to Mozilla?
In my opinion, Konq handles 'float' fine.

Subject: Re: Float overflowing behavior!
Date: Thursday 12 September 2002 3:40 pm
From: Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru>
Cc: "C. Bottelier" <c.bottelier at iradis.org>, "www-style at w3.org" <www-style at w3.org>

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> Can you expand please what is incorrect in 'float' implementation in
> Mozilla and Konqueror?

I have not tested Konqueror recently, but Mozilla has at least 12 serious
bugs [1] and well over 30 total bugs [2] related to floats.

[1]
 http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=78094&hide_resolved=1
 [2]
 http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=%5BFLOAT%5D&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

> I am familair with MS IE bugs, but both Mozilla and Konqueror handle
> 'float' o.k., IMO.

"ok" is not good enough.

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)