Right-Click Tab Behavior

Doug Hanley hanleyman at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 4 04:23:29 BST 2002

On Monday 02 September 2002 05:56 am, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
> Dne po 2. září 2002 11:31 David Faure napsal(a):
> > On Sunday 01 September 2002 23:17, Doug Hanley wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Regarding that last commit to konq_frame.cc about 4 days ago by lukas,
> > > I noticed that when you try and use "Duplicate Current Tab", "Detatch
> > > Current Tab", or "Remove Current Tab" it yields undesireable behavior
> > > because it removes the currently active tab, not the tab you
> > > right-clicked on.  I think it was better the old way because with the
> > > new way, there is no way to just click on a tab and say "remove this
> > > tab", you have to activate it then do remove current tab.  To test
> > > this, just get a Konq window, create a new tab, then click on an
> > > inactive tab and do remove current tab.  It will remove the active tab,
> > > not the tab you clicked on.  Personally, I think this commit should be
> > > backed out.
> >
> > ... or fixed.
> >
> > Cc'ing Lukas, I'm not sure he's on kfm-devel.
>
> OK, should I revert my change?

I think it would be best to back it out first, then recommit when everything
works properly.

I mean, I see what you're trying to do, add some continuity to the interface
without much code duplication, but I think in this case you're gonna have to
it differently, because it brings on undesired results.  I think if you add
in the icons and accels manually but still using the standard QPopupMenu
calls, it would work out very well.

-- Doug